Do you know how this popular Nigerian dish got it's name? I mean Point and kill? Ok let me tell you.
Some restaurant owners do have a small pond or even a big container where the put in live catfish of all sizes. A customer goes to this container or pond,points out the size of fish he wants and it is killed in his presence. Then it is taken to the kitchen for onward preparation.
So,let me take you through the Preparation process.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS P AND K ARE:
Ehuru(what is it even called in English)
Chili Pepper(to taste)
Medium size onions
Salt to taste
1.Wash the fish and cut into desirable sizes(1 inch or so)
Boil some hot water,pour on the pieces of fish, stir and remove immediately. This toughens the skin of the fish so that it does not fall apart during cooking.
2.Roast your Ehuru in a frying pan. Turn it consistently until that distinctive smell comes out. Peel and grind.
3. Cut your Onions into tiny pieces.
4. Wash your scentleaf and cut into tiny pieces with your hands.
Directions for Cooking
1.Place the pieces of fish in a pot and pour water which will just cover the fish. Add stock cubes and bring to boil.
2. Once it starts boiling,add the ground ehuru,onions and scent leaves and continue cooking.
3. Once the fish is done,add salt to taste and leave to simmer for a while.
4. Eat with boiled rice,yam or alone sef.