Tuesday, 18 July 2017

Sad. Generator fumes kills newly wedded couple in Calabar














A newly wedded couple, Mr. and Mrs. Kabiru Mohammed, aged 32 years and 27 years respectively, has lost their lives as a result of generator emission in their apartment
The couple who got married two months ago had their generator stationed in their kitchen.
The landlady of the house,Mrs Stella Uruaka said..
"I know Kabiru as a truck mechanic from Oyo State and was based in Jos, while the wife, Omowunmi too, was in Jos before she joined him in Calabar after their wedding, two months ago.
“When they packed in newly, about eight weeks ago, they were keeping the generator outside but I do not really know what happened that made them change their mind to be keeping it inside the house.
“Each time they switch on the generator, the noise and smoke usually disturbed me because their bathroom is close to my room. I complained bitterly about the generator, but instead of taking it outside, the couple decided to keep it in their kitchen,” she disclosed.


On how the bodies were discovered,the Landlady's daughter said,
 "We saw the young boy who normally helped them to sweep the house and do some chores come around with his father and they started calling Kabiru’s phone and then opened the window and saw both of them lying down lifeless in the sitting room, I told the man that they cannot possibly be sleeping.
”So we informed the police and the door was broken and we saw their lifeless bodies in the sitting room, water was already coming out of Kabiru’s mouth, the whole place was still filled with the fume and smoke from the generator and the people, who entered the flat were coughing consistently,” she stated


Then police came and asked them to take photographs, but since the cause of death was already established, nothing else was done, their remains were taken back to Jos for burial because they were both Muslims.


Vanguard reportage.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment